SleepNumber is boldly shaping new ways for consumers to explore and purchase beds online. We are searching for a phenomenal Director of Engineering and DevOps to lead the technology of that evolution. The Director of Engineering and DevOps will lead the technical strategy and teams for our eCommerce backend, frontend, quality assurance, and DevOps. In this position you will partner with product, UX, operations, and stakeholders across the organization to create the technical foundation for the future of our business and build the most compelling eCommerce experiences for millions of consumers.
● Build a technical vision and strategy for our eCommerce platform architecture and solutions
● Lead all aspects of backend development, frontend development, quality engineering/assurance, and technical operations
● Establish world-class processes for agile development, monitoring, and Dev Ops processes
● Establish an engineering culture of fast paced, iterative development
● Mentor and grow an incredibly high-performing team of developers, Quality Engineers, and technical operations
● Ensure our website is operating at world-class response-, load-, and up-times
● Build strong relationships with the corporate IT and systems groups; align, and influence on interfaces, shared technologies, and project schedules.
● Evaluate IT initiatives across the company and ensure the web evolves with them and vice versa
● Advocate for digital initiatives across the company and evoke feedback and input from stakeholders
● Facilitate stakeholder communication across the organization
● Keep your finger on the pulse of eCommerce and digital innovation and look for innovative new technologies and processes to test. Monitor and report back on impactful market developments, emerging technologies and relevant startups.
● Manage spending on resources against a defined budget
● Evaluate existing and new 3rd party vendors against internal capabilities, the vendor landscape, and cost/benefit
● Constantly be a source of inspiration with new, bold ideas that push the limits of what we can do
● You must have an infectious passion for digital and eCommerce technology and bring that passion, creativity, and optimism every day
● Be an open collaborator across the company.
● Be able to work with teams in multiple locations across the US
● Bring a strong understanding of eCommerce platforms, Java, web frontend technologies, agile, development processes, and Dev Ops models
● 10+ years’ experience in digital technology, 6+ years’ experience in leading development, QA, and Dev Ops teams for consumer-facing, web experience; eCommerce strongly preferred